What is VIRTUAL DOULA support and is it a good fit for me?Support is at your fingertips when you hire a virtual doula! According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, one of the most efficient tools to improve labor and delivery outcomes is the ongoing presence of support, such as a doula. With experience in physical, emotional and educational support you can achieve an empowering experience.
Some roles of a VIRTUAL doula include:
- + Phone, Text and Video consultations with the expecting parent(s)
- + Consultations for birth education and preparing for birth
- + Providing evidenced based education and information
- + Assistance with coming up with questions for your healthcare provider(s)
- + Review of medical interventions, options, risks and benefits
- + Pain management tools to ease prenatal, birth and postpartum discomfort
- + Exercises given for deep breathing and connecting with baby
- + Suggestions on comfort measures for partners to perform and assist with
- + Consultations postpartum for processing your birth story and mental health
- + Empowerment throughout the entire process
- + Unlimited access to support throughout your entire journey
Virtual doulas become your go-to bestie and someone you can always count on. Our virtual doula, Haley, has additional certification in perinatal mental health. She is extremely passionate about mental health and the correlation to motherhood. All of our virtual doulas empower your experience by establishing ongoing support in both prenatal and postnatal care. This virtual doula option is ideal for someone that wants more education on the birthing process and seeks emotional support.
Within The Birth Lounge, we focus on empowering your entire experience. Our greatest passion is bringing education and awareness into pregnancy and birth. We want to show YOU how to be your greatest advocate.
If you are interested in exploring options with a VIRTUAL DOULA, please get started with The Birth Lounge and let them know HALEY sent you!
Blog written by: Haley Sullivan
Doula and Mental Health Advocate